Join Vello as a Backend Developer
We are looking for a passionate backend developer to join us at Vello for our next upcoming leap.
We are a small international team on a look out for new colleagues. At Vello we enable healthcare and wellbeing professionals to provide a better customer experience in terms of online booking, payment solutions and patient care. It's incredible to say that we have over two million Vello users around the world with a fast growing turnover. Our clients range from large corporations, financial institutions and cities to small entrepreneurs and individuals. We are hoping to find you to set and reach our next goals together.
As a Backend Developer at Vello you get to work closely with our small team of developers while having the freedom and responsibility to take you in the direction you feel the most passionate about. The team is small making the role and responsibilities widely ranged.
At Vello you’d get to play with AWS and a NoSQL infrastructure, and a fully RESTful Node.js backend including a few third party API connected services such as Stripe. Other technologies in use and ways of working include: Typescript, CI & CD, Docker, Linux, and Terraform. The bits of front-end include Backbone and Vue with Nuxt.
You are the one when you have already gained experience in building web applications, or integrations for real life projects. You have experience at least in one of the mentioned backend technologies and you’d be eager to learn the others when need be.
We expect that you’d be brave and you’d want to study and experiment with the system independently, suggest your own ideas, lead discussion, be a team player, and be accountable for your work in small and large. You’d get to build new features from scratch to live as well as improving existing ones. You’d want to take part in the design process and have your say on what would work the best.
- A team of professionals: development, design, marketing and customer support.
- We are situated at the heart of Helsinki at Fredrikinkatu 41.
- You’d work closely with our developers and product lead, and you’d have a front row seat in steering the course of the product as well as choosing the next battles yourself.
- Flexible working hours and freedom to organise your own work.
- All the tools you like and need to make it happen.
- A competitive salary and the expected perks and benefits.
- Private health coverage and sickness benefits from the day one.
- Office language English & Finnish.
- And we have a sauna at our penthouse office!
Send us your CV along with a little background about yourself. Please note that the location for the role is in Helsinki and we expect you to join us to the office. We do support a hybrid way of working but we do not offer fully remote positions.
Get in touch!