Join Vello as a Front-end Web Developer
We are looking for passionate Front-end Developers to join us at Vello for our next upcoming leap.
We are a small international team building the fastest growing startup focused on enabling healthcare and wellbeing professionals to provide a better customer experience in terms of online booking, payment solutions and patient care. It's incredible to say that we have over two million Vello users around the world with a growing turnover of 0,6 M€. Our clients range from large corporations, financial institutions and cities to small entrepreneurs and individuals. We are hoping to find you to set and reach our next goals together.
No matter if you are just starting your career or you already have several years of experience under your belt, as a Front-end Web Developer at Vello you get to work closely with our team of developers while having the freedom and responsibility to take you in the direction you feel the most passionate about. The team is small making the role and responsibilities widely ranged.
We are interested in you if you are just at the beginning of your developer career, as long as you have the attitude and hunger to learn new and aren't afraid of responsibility.
We are interested in you if you have over 5 years of experience in building complex web applications with past and new technologies. You can mentor your colleagues and lead the discussion and development practices.
The Vello infrastructure is based on AWS with a fully RESTful Node.js backend. The front-end includes Backbone, and Vue for frameworks, and LESS for styles. At Vello you get to play with all of those as well as a wide range of API connected services such as Stripe.
You are the one when you have experience in building web applications or sites before for real life projects. You have experience at least in one of the mentioned front-end technologies and you’d be eager to learn the others. However, we hope that you are not put off by legacy code (Backbone js) and to have experience in Vue is a huge plus.
While you don’t have to create visual design yourself, you have an interest in visual aspects as well as the functional parts. You understand the big picture and you are interested in caring for the end-user experience.
You might be a recent graduate or you may have gained several years of experience already.
- A team of professionals: development, design, marketing and customer support.
- We are situated at the heart of Helsinki at Fredrikinkatu 41.
- You’d work closely with our developers and product lead, and you’d have a front row seat in steering the course of the product as well as choosing the next battles yourself.
- Flexible working hours and freedom to organise your own work.
- All the tools you like and need to make it happen.
- A competitive salary and the expected perks and benefits.
- Private health coverage and sickness benefits from the day one.
- Office language English & Finnish.
- We have a sauna at our penthouse office. And a fireplace to barbecue sausages.
Send us your CV along with a little background about yourself. Please note that the location for the role is in Helsinki. We do support hybrid way of working but we do not offer fully remote positions.
Get in touch!